Knowing what to expect prior to the birth of your baby will go a long way towards helping prepare you and your family during and after pregnancy. Whether you are planning to give birth naturally or with the assistance of medications, this class is designed to help an expectant mother and her support partner prepare for the birth of her baby. For your comfort, we recommend completing this series 2-3 months before your due date.
Please bring a blanket and 2 pillows. You may also bring a lunch or purchase from a nearby restaurant. Registration includes expectant mother and her support person.
For questions or assistance with registration, call 248-652-5269.
This class includes:
- Tips for staying comfortable at the end of pregnancy
- How to know when labor begins
- What to pack for the hospital
- What to expect in labor through the birth of your baby
- Techniques to help cope with the challenges of labor
- Medical options for labor and delivery
- Cesarean birth
- Recovery after delivery
- Normal newborns
- A tour of the Birthplace
If you cancel your registration, a refund will be given if a cancellation request is received at least 5 days prior to the start of the class/program. We reserve the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. A full refund will be given for any class cancelled by the site.