Rochester Hills, MI • Aquatics
Midtown Health is looking for an Aquatics Instructor to add to our exceptional team.
About Our Company
MIDTOWN HEALTH is the leader in fitness center management and employee wellness solutions for medically-integrated, corporate, and community fitness centers throughout the United States. Our core purpose is to serve organizations to inspire people to live well. With more than 40 years of experience, our track record is unprecedented. We operate health clubs for a premium portfolio of clients that rely on us to provide well-managed fitness/health club facilities, extraordinary employee experiences, and exceptional service.
Who We Want
We are looking for people that share our Midtown Health Advantage Core Values: kind individuals who want to WIN TOGETHER, are PASSIONATE about helping others, and are FRIENDLY & FUN. Our associates are GREEN & GROWING, striving to always be better than yesterday and to DELIVER on these values each and every day.
As an integral part of the aquatics team, our Aquatics Instructors inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention. They encourage active, social, and healthier lives.
Aquatics Instructor Responsibilities
- Demonstrating professionalism, resilience, and optimism
- Developing and maintaining aquatics areas to promote an enjoyable experience
- Committing to department responsibilities and work effectively within a team environment
- Leading aquatics classes and ensuring participant safety
- Demonstrating proper swim instruction to members
- Planning, scheduling and implementing aquatic fitness programs and swim lessons
- Have competitive swimming background or competitive swim coach experience
- Possess current water safety instructor certification or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- Possess ability to provide multisensory instruction: auditory, visual, tactile, kinesthetic
- Exhibit patience and are friendly and outgoing
- Are highly organized, energetic, and can multi-task
Members of the Midtown Health team receive:
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on Midtown Health products and services
- Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
- Health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, PTO for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours per week)
- And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.